Tuesday, April 7, 2015

:: HeartGrownWild skin care: herbal meets affordable! ::

I love natural skincare as is clear here and here. I don't have any real major skin issues but products with fewer ingredients and pronounceable ingredients have to be better than their counterparts, right? So here's another to add to your "to try" list: HeartGrownWild. The packaging is secondary, but this is always a major bonus for me. See below...perfect, right?


Here's what we have. Clockwise from top right:

Green Goddess Face Mask: Mix equal parts water and mask (you can also use a little honey) and massage into wet skin. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes.  French green clay helps to pull impurities to the surface, while soft blue cornmeal delicately helps to exfoliate the skin. A blend of Lavender, Rose hips and Geranium soften and restore delicate areas.

Ingredients: French Green Clay, Blue Cornmeal, Lavender, Rose hip, Lemon Balm, Cardamom, Sesame Oil, Almond Oil, Geranium; $6 for one oz. 

Goddess Nectar Belly Butter: For me, this is all over body butter. It includes locally sourced honey and essences of frankincense, lemon, orange, and lavender to help repair and soothe your skin. The consistency to me is almost like a whipped mousse, and it absorbs quickly while still being really moisturizing.

Ingredients: Mango Butter, Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Shea Butter, Vanilla, Lemon, Orange, Lavender, Frankincense; $12 for one oz. 

Facial Serum: I've become a big fan of facial oils because my skin is prone to drying out. At night, it always goes on after my toner. This one starts with jojoba oil, which is most similar to skin's natural quality and also includes repairing essential oils. Literally a pea sized drop is all you need!


Ingredients: Jojoba Oil, Tamanu Oil, Lemongrass, Orange, Ylang Ylang; $20 for two oz.

Among the Flowers Facial Toner: Toners are my new favorite "thing I never used to use and now love". I always thought they were meant to dry out oily skin, but now I now better. I think of them as a vehicle that allows your skin to better take in the moisturizer that comes after it. This one's also great to throw in your purse for a mid-day refresh. 

Ingredients: Witch Hazel, Lemon, Lavender, Rose, Lemon Balm, Chamomile, Tea Tree, Carrot Seed Oil, Hydrosols; $8 for two oz.

They are all handcrafted with love and care in the lovely state of Vermont! Have you tried? Let me know what you think!



 photo signaturecopy_zpsc80579c1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. going to have to try this out

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete