I dragged out my gorgeous Kitchen Aid mixer and whipped these babies up on Sunday night. They're crazy easy...the only drag is that you have to place the batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before dropping them into their muffin tins. But it's totally worth it!
Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins (serves 12)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (I used fresh)
course sugar for topping
Directions:1. Cream the butter and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
3. Sift the flower, baking powder and salt together, and add to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk, mixing after each addition.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
6. Spoon the batter into twelve paper-lined muffin cups. Sprinkle with course sugar.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins test done. Cool in the pan.