Wednesday, January 29, 2014

:: styling the white button down ::

There's something about a tailored white button down shirt that makes me think about Annie Hall and Lauren Hutton and Kate Moss all at the same time. It's a timeless piece, but when I put one on, I always kinda just feel like a boy.

There's a great article here on a few celebs and how they dress it up or own it dressed down. I took my own stab at it below. Red had to be involved.

Also, on a similar topic, those starfish studs are from Gorjana. I picked them because I felt like the shirt had a coral-ish/nautical theme and I was trying to tie it all together. I've mentioned Gorjana's pieces before here. They're a great go-to line for inexpensive jewelry that's on-trend but not too trendy. And that's a fine line, ladies. And they're having a sale right now site wide--30% off with the code SWEETESTTHING. You're welcome.


 photo signaturecopy_zpsc80579c1.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I love the white button down shirt, but then I'm all the sudden really uncomfortable. Trying to find the happy medium - if there is one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i TOTALLY agree. i think the key is a little tailoring...makes it more girly :)

      Delete