Tuesday, January 28, 2014

:: cake frosting shots cure EVERYTHING ::

Last Friday I spent a lovely evening with some fellow bloggers and the Boston Center for Adult Education's resident cupcake guru, Dustin Todd Rennells. I've written about the BCAE before here and here, but this class took the cake (ha).

I told my calorie-counting self to let me just enjoy my fun and soon I was knee deep in brandied peach batter and sangria and hot toddies and red wine frosting. Yes, I said RED WINE FROSTING.

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the night:






Every time I head over to the BCAE for a cooking/baking class, in addition to great instruction and amazing facilities, I always come away with a few good nuggets of information that I can't believe I've lived without. For example, did you know that once you use your baking soda in the fridge to keep odors at bay it becomes totally ineffective as a baking ingredient? Dammit. At least I can blame all of my past disasters on that factoid.

But by far, the best treat of the night was that whipped cream and sprinkles concoction you see above. The "cake frosting shot" involves vanilla vodka, amaretto, pineapple juice, a cherry and a general feeling that all is right with the world. I had two. And a half.

Interested in taking a cupcake and cocktails class with Dustin? (You totally should). There's one scheduled each month from now through April. Click here for more info.

 photo signaturecopy_zpsc80579c1.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I just saw one of my friends made these and they look SO good. I'm going to have to make these for a party I'm having soon! :) Thanks for sharing! If you have time check out the giveaway for rhinestone bow earrings I'm doing on my blog for Valentine's Day!

    Lindi
    Sweet Southern Sparkle
    www.sweetsouthernsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete