Monday, November 25, 2013

:: three bean crock pot chili ::

It's chili time again! My face almost froze off while I was walking to my office this morning. One of the ONLY good things about cold weather is the comfort food. And I'm planning on giving my crock pot a workout this winter. This recipe is really easy and at only 2-3 hours in the crockpot, you don't need to plan too far in advance. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
  • 1 large onion, minced
  • 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
  • 30 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 30 oz. canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 30 oz. canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 30 oz. canned diced tomatoes with chilies
  • 15 oz. canned tomato sauce
  • 1.25 oz chili seasoning mix
  • 14 oz. frozen corn kernels 
  • 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 cup fresh minced cilantro
Directions: 
Combine onion, garlic, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasoning mix in a crock pot. Cover and cook on high heat for 2-3 hours (or low heat for 4-6 hours). Add corn during last hour of cooking. Stir in lime juice and cilantro just before serving. I also add some hot sauce because that's what I do. Enjoy!

Linking up with the Recipe Hop Swap!
 photo signaturecopy_zpsc80579c1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment