Friday, July 12, 2013

:: beauty smoothie: 235 calories ::

Happy Friday! I've tweaked another smoothie recipe and I think I've really got something special here. Blueberries and pomegranate for their antioxidants and some vanilla yogurt to give it the right consistency. This is totally customizable...I'm loving bee pollen right now, so may add that in one day, or might skip it and use some lemon zest. Tart, delicious and most importantly: EASY.


Ingredients:
3/4 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries
1/2 cup 100 percent pomegranate juice
1/4 cup nonfat or lowfat vanilla yogurt
3-5 ice cubes
optional additions: honey, bee pollen, protein powder, lemon zest

Directions: 
Drop them all in the blender until smooth and enjoy!

Please check back on Monday for the first edition of: 

Mouthwatering Mondays
 photo signaturecopy_zpsc80579c1.jpg

8 comments:

  1. blueberry and pomegranate are one of my favorite combos. they are so good on salads too. when I saw your blog is called list in Boston I HAD to stop by and say hi. I grew up just outside of Boston and it's the best city in the world.

    also, what is the reasoning behind bee pollen? is it sweet like honey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so glad you did!! bee pollen is a nutritional supplement that comes in granulate, kind of like chunky brown sugar. it's great to add in for skin health, but i have zero pollen allergies...if i did, there might be an issue. it's pretty much tasteless (i think)...i get it in the bulk tins at the local health food store. happy friday!!

      Delete
  2. Oh yum! I absolutely love Pom juice and this is such a fun way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that sounds delicious!! Alhtough.. bee pollen???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, can't do bee pollen. It turns everything this gawd awful yellow. I suppose that yellow tinge didn't show in your blueberry smoothie, but I have added bee pollen to oatmeal and it just wasn't palatable.

    I had a soy milk, frozen banana, 1 kiwi, 1/2 cup spinach smoothie this morning :-)

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, we've got a whole bunch of bee pollen haters up in here! ;)

      Delete
  5. I will for sure be trying this recipe!

    ReplyDelete