Tuesday, August 27, 2013

:: hazel, not just for eyes anymore ::

Way back when, I took a pottery class and was less than stellar at mastering the pottery wheel. But when the teacher helped me, I could make some halfway decent bowls that now serve as ring holders and salt dishes and change collectors all over my house. And they're all a color called "Hobbit Hazel". The kiln would burn it differently each time but it was always a variation of the glorious color you see here, apparently straight out of Middle Earth.

So, yeah, I'm pretty much in love with everything below. If I was more of a monochromatic girl, I'd make this my fall wish list. But I'll save that spread for another post. In the meantime, can I reiterate how much I love hazel? It's really a truly, truly transitional shade. Springy and summery in the warmer months and cozy and rich for fall and winter. AND, it's a color that you can not only wear, but also drape your house in. Just ask my kitchen.
 photo signaturecopy_zpsc80579c1.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I love the inspiration board! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous everything! I'm loving green (every shade) right now SO much. I want that blanket and the nail polish right now!
    Thanks for your sweet comment!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i SHOULD expand beyond the hazel...green for everyone! ;)

      Delete