A list of foolproof hangover cures isn't something I need. This blog post is just because I like to help others. Truly. Ahem.
Sometimes sleep and an ibuprofen aren't enough. And there are many myths about what actually helps and what makes things worse. Here are a few sure things:
1. Eat breakfast. And not the greasy bacon and eggs kind, contrary to urban legend. Toast, cereal...you get the idea. I've heard english muffins work well.
2. Alka-Seltzer. They have a morning relief formula! It's just for hangovers! So if you have the foresight to stock your medicine cabinet, you'll be patting yourself on the back forever.
3. Coffee...kinda. If you drink coffee, you should have a cup so you don't get a double headache thanks to headache withdrawal. But if you don't drink caffeine regularly, skip it. The narrowing of your blood vessels and the boost to your blood pressure might must make things worse.
4. Juice, water, gatorade. If we had started these three things about 24 hours earlier, we may not be in this situation. But better late than never.
5. Gentle exercise. Just kidding. That's ridiculous.
Linking up with Wino Wednesday (obviously).