Tuesday, October 22, 2013

:: roasted chickpeas to die for ::

Ok, so one more post about my recent Boston Organics box and then I'll shut up.

It came with a pound of garbanzo beans from Fiddler's Green Farm and I felt so earthy soaking them instead of getting them out of a can. They soaked for about 24 hours and then I cooked them in boiling water for 10 minutes. From there, I dried them off really well with a paper towel and they looked like this:


A lot of recipes say to pick out those papery skins, but I left them in (out of laziness and hunger) and they ended up crunchy and full of salt (win). Preheat the oven to 425.

In a bowl, mix together some olive oil with whatever type of seasoning you like. I chose kosher salt, pepper and just a pinch of curry powder. But I've even seen some recipes that suggest cinnamon and sugar if you're going for sweet instead of savory. Coat the chickpeas. They should be shiny, but not drippy with oil.

Place the chickpeas, one layer deep, on a cookie sheet covered with tinfoil. Put in the oven for 15 minutes. Flip them as best you can and then back in the oven for another 15 minutes.

You guys, these are perfection. I'm never eating popcorn/peanuts/corn nuts/pretzel M&Ms again.


 photo signaturecopy_zpsc80579c1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment