Friday, October 25, 2013

:: just got 30 minutes of my morning back ::

Does anyone else love Ricky's NYC? There aren't any in Boston, but whenever I'm in New York, I love to stop in and look around. And that pink plastic bag with the tube of toothpaste on it just makes me smile.

Ricky's NYC 

Anyway, a few years ago, I read about their No-Crease Hair Clips (probably in Allure) and grabbed a few packs. And then I never touched them again. They sat in a dish in my bathroom for literally two years. They look like this: 

No-Crease Pink Leaf Clips 
 Recently, my hair and I have been having some issues. She thinks I'm too controlling and I feel like she won't do anything I ask of her even though I treat her really well. And I spend a LOT of money on her. Ahem. 

Our mornings together involve a hairdryer and The Bombshell, but by the time I get to work I look like I just rolled out of bed. Enter the No-Crease Clips. 

This week, I started washing and drying my hair at night. When it's completely dry, I roll up small sections (without twisting, so they stay flat) and use these clips to affix the rolls right up against my scalp. The only tricky part is making sure that you don't use too much hair per clip or they won't stay. I have fairly thick, long hair and I use about 10 for my whole head. 

The amazing thing is that they don't fall out during the night and when I took them out the a.m. and blasted my hair with some hairspray, this happened. Without a curling iron in sight! My hair and I might not need couples counseling after all.


 photo signaturecopy_zpsc80579c1.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks! hair challenged people need all the help we can get :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I've been using Velcro rollers and my hair is a flat mess by 10 am. May have to look into these.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete